How we help protect you
Mercantile Bank is committed to helping its customers maintain a safe and secure online experience. We've established a number of security measures that help protect your information online.
Mercantile Bank has purchased an Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate for the website, which provides an additional layer of protection. This enables customers to trust that the Mercantile Bank site is what it claims to be, rather than a fraudulent mirror site operated by perpetrators of phishing schemes. This is new technology designed specifically to address widespread phishing schemes that have been targeting the financial services industry.
When you visit a site with this new EV SSL Certificate, new high-security browsers will trigger the address bar to turn green and display the name of the organization listed in the certificate as well as the Certificate Authority as shown below:
If the green bar and locked padlock are missing when trying to reach Mercantile's website. DO NOT enter any login information such as your user ID and password. Double check that you typed the bank's URL correctly. Feel free to call customer service for assistance if the green bar is not visible.
Using Multi-Factor Authentication is one of the more secure ways you can log into Mercantile Bank's online and mobile banking systems. You'll log in using your login ID, Password and a six-digit single-use "secure access code".
Mercantile's secure sign-in ensures only authorized individuals can access their financial information within Mercantile's online services, providing you with an extra layer of security. When logging in to online and mobile banking for the first time or any time from an unregistered device, you will be asked for a six-digit, single-use Secure Access Code (SAC) delivered outside of the online/mobile banking session via an automated phone call or test message in order to complete your authentication into our service.
Set up alerts and stay informed — anytime, anywhere.
Easily monitor your accounts via email or text message. With Mercantile Bank alerts you decide what alerts are important to you and where you want to receive them.
Features & Benefits
Set up Mercantile Bank alerts to be notified of key activity on your Mercantile accounts.
- Receive notification of your balances and important activity
- Know when your direct deposit has arrived
- Get faster notification when overdrafts have occurred
- Know when a check has cleared your account
- Receive notification when an external or funds transfer has been initiated
A variety of automatic Security Alerts will advise you of important activity within your online banking services. There are several other Security Alerts you can turn on or off. Security Alerts are automatically sent to your primary email address and are also available via text message.
Already using online banking?
- Log into Online Banking
- Then, click on the "Settings" then "Alerts" link from the navigation menu.
New to Online Banking?Enroll Now
Deluxe Provent Identity Theft Protection
Deluxe Provent — ID Restoration Pro, Internet Monitoring and Credit Monitoring
Complete fraud support, online and off, when you need it most. With identity crimes on the rise, securing your identity is a must. Take advantage of a single location to lock down your sensitive data and get 24/7 restoration assistance. Deluxe Provent helps alleviate the stress that comes from dealing with fraud and restoring your identity.
This powerful service provides:
- Personalized Online Dashboard Easy account access to your personal and business identity protection. Get visibility of your account status and expert tips and suggestions to help protect your identity.
- Education and Preventative Measures Timely tips and regularly updated industry-best practices to help safeguard consumers and businesses against a variety of identity crimes.
- Online Identity Vault and Wallet Encrypted online storage for your important personally identifiable information (PII) including SSNs, credit cards, financial account information and birth dates along with other important documents (i.e. mortgage, titles, etc.).
- Activity Report and Monthly News Email communications that includes your current account information, as well as valuable articles and tips addressing identity theft and fraud.
- Certified Resolution Specialist Expert assistance to restore your identity in the event of fraud or resolving identity theft issues.
- Breach and Threat Alerts Prompt email alerts that keep you up-to-date on large-scale breaches and fraud-related threats.
- End2End DefenseSM A three-phase, proprietary fraud resolution process that includes (1) discovery; (2) isolation/restoration; and (3) prevention, along with the EZShield Promise®.
Want to get started?Deluxe Provent Identity Theft Protection Enrollment Form
A mobile app that lets you control debit card usage and spending on the go.
- Card usage controls: Establish spending limits to allow transactions up to a certain dollar amount and decline transactions when amounts exceed pre-defined thresholds. Transactions can also be monitored or controlled for specific merchant categories such as gas, hotel, travel, restaurants, groceries or electronic stores.
- Card on/off setting: When the card is "on," transactions are allowed in accordance with the usage control settings you've established. When the card is "off," no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is turned back "on." This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card.
- Location-based controls: Restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of your location (using your phone's GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified area can be declined.
- Fraud protection: Report or restrict PIN and signature transactions, enabling you to manage, track and report specific types of transactions and quickly detect unauthorized activity.
- Interactive alerts: Real-time alerts can be sent when a card is used, when a transaction is approved and exceeds any of the permitted use policies, or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined.
- Financial features: Conduct limited card-related transactions wherever you are, any time of the day, including real-time balance inquiries and locating ATMs.
SecurLOCK™ Equip allows you to control how, when and where your Mercantile credit card is used. It is a simple and secure way to manage and monitor your payment transaction activity. SecurLOCK Equip can help keep your credit cards safe and provide instant notifications whenever your card is used.
- Turn cards on/off to enable or disable usage
- Set controls and alerts by channel (in-store, online, mobile, ATM, etc.)
- Set transaction spend limits
- Select geographic locations where the card can be used
- Set specific merchant categories
- View recent transaction history
- Receive real-time alerts
The sooner you report fraud or identity theft, the faster Mercantile Bank, other financial institutions and the authorities can take steps to assist you.
If you are a victim of identity theft, it's important that you take action immediately. If you have accounts at Mercantile Bank, contact your branch or account representative, or call our toll-free number 1-800-453-8700 right away to report the situation.
If you believe you have become a victim of fraud, please do the following:
- Call Mercantile Bank and let us know your identity has been compromised or stolen.
- Call any other financial institution(s) you deal with and make them aware of the situation.
- Call your credit card companies and ask that access to your accounts be restricted. Open new accounts if necessary.
- Check through your personal documents to determine what items are missing.
- If checks are missing from your checkbook, issue stop payments on each check.
- If your driver's license is stolen, call your local Department of Motor Vehicles office.
- If your Social Security Card is stolen, call the Social Security Administration.
- Ask to have your account numbers, PINs, and passwords changed immediately.
- Ask your bank, brokerage firms and credit card companies to review transactions on all of your accounts.
- File a report with the police and get a copy of it for your records.
- Document what happened when and to whom you spoke with.
If your Mercantile Bank personal checking account is enrolled in the Deluxe Provent program, contact a Resolution Specialist at 1-866-460-0095 Monday-Friday *AM-8PM EST.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about fraud or identity theft, call Mercantile Bank at 1-800-453-8700.
What to do if you receive a Suspicious Message
If you suspect that you've RECEIVED a fraudulent e-mail that appears to be from Mercantile Bank:
- Do NOT respond
- Do NOT click on any links
- Do NOT provide any personal information
- Forward the email to Mercantile Bank email@example.com
- Delete the email
If you responded or disclosed your personal information to a possible fraudulent message, notify Mercantile Bank's customer service team immediately at 1-800-453-8700 or visit us at a local branch.